Friday, September 9, 2011

trying alabaster


On the last entry, I said that on the second year of Fine Arts, we had to choose between working with wood or stone, we had to choose because normally we wouldn't have enough time to make two pieces in one course. Actually, I didn't choose, I made two pieces, as I finished the wooden one with enough time to start working on another piece.

So I decided to try working on stone, alabaster, as I had never tried it before. The piece's form was inspired by the shape of the bird's wings, but then the idea evolved a lot, and ended like this after some work on it.

This piece was chosen for an exposition from different young sculpture artists from our faculty, named "Jovenes Artistas", wich took place from february to april of 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment